This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude install kubuntu-desktop

Okay so I use the method Here to install Kubuntu from Ubuntu and it works for me, I like having KDE and GNome and apps from both suites run on my machine.

Problem is bandwidth, I have wireless and internet can cut out (luckily for this is never has) but still on top of that I am limited in Bandwidth and like to have CDs of all the software I download/install, I even keep all my DEBS in /var/cache/apt/archive (I think thats the path).

I was wondering if instead of using my bandwidth for my internet if I could do the same thing with a Kubuntu CD rom, I have both Ubuntu and Kubuntu CD roms, so I could just use the Gubuntu CD-ROM to install Ubuntu then use the Kubuntu one to add KDE...

Are the files on Kubuntu CD-Roms capable of doing this , or are the files there made for direct installion and not for adding KDE?

If I cant use a Kubuntu CD, what can I use? Is there an ISO for a CD that will do this? Thanks!
    My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Working...
X