This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kopete is Losing

I really love KDE and i try to keep it gnome-free not because i hate them but because there just too ugly to be seen. Anyway my main concern is kopete - its loosing to all the other messenger clients out there, especially Pidgin which i must say is looking very hot at the moment. Just thought id let off some steam on kopete. Nothing personal to gnome-users, if there are any.
    Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Re: Kopete is Losing

Remember that Linux-based systems are all matter of choice , You can tweak 'em the way you like. That's the beauty of the most powerful and usable OS.

Regards,

MepisReign
    Beware the Almighty Command Line

Comment

Originally posted by b0uncyfr0
      Nothing personal to gnome-users, if there are any.
      Oh, they are numerous, and they are coming to pay you a visit!
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Awesome , then i can show them the power of KDE.
        Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Comment

I used to like Kopete it works out of the box for me even with my webcam, but for unknown reasons now Kopete no longer connects to MSN, this is the only reason I go for Pidgin, but IMHO Kopete is still better if it works, it is more functional and user friendly.
          Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

Does Pidgin support webcam? That's the only thing that bugs me with Kopete right now. I can send webcam, but can't receive it (and no I'm not trying to do both at the same time)

Comment

I don't think so.
              Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

WARNING: this article needs more detailed or more simplified steps! It's not newbie friendly! Kopete Webcam Support It does however, detail the steps required to get webcam support for Kopete.
                Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I personally like Kopete better than Pidgin. I use Pidgin on the odd ocassion I boot up WinXP and use Kopete on Kubuntu. Kopete for me connects to MSN ok.

Comment

Working...
                  X