This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

user icon on login screen

I want to set my personal 'fingertip' on my login screen. that is, a picture or some user icon. like on windows.
    i know it was possible when i used mandriva some years ago. but i can't find it on kubuntu. i went into user management and 'about me' and choosed some icons but they don't appear on login screen.
    is there maybe any way to do this, or maybe some package that needs to be installed first.

Re: user icon on login screen

Once you've set a user image in About Me, Go to System Settings -> Advanced tab -> Login Manager -> Users tab, there is a
    section of the window labeled "User Image Source". Choose the "User, admin" option. You have to enter Administrator Mode to do this.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

no,it won't work. i experimented a bit too, but with no result. i restarted the computer too. i had always problems with user icons also on mandriva. it must be sensitive subject for linux.
      i think that everything is set up and works as it should, but i get the feeling that it isn't saved in the configuration, although it seems so.

Comment

I use GDM to login, I will specify why here when I get time..

Anyways, both GDM and KDM are where u enter ur name, not click an image..
        My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
          Once you've set a user image in About Me, Go to System Settings -> Advanced tab -> Login Manager -> Users tab, there is a section of the window labeled "User Image Source". Choose the "User, admin" option. You have to enter Administrator Mode to do this.
          Thank you. I've been struggling to figure out how to change my icon on the login screen. The problem is that in the System Settings under the Personal part there is an "About me" option. In "About me" it also asks for a picture. It seems to me that this is poor design. Thanks for you solution.

Jason

Comment

Working...
          X