Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short survey about three-dimensional GUIs users-need participants!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short survey about three-dimensional GUIs users-need participants!

Hello to all, I’m leading a research in the field of geographical sciences and spatial models for the University of Bologna ( Degree course in geographical sciences): in particular I’m developing a survey about the utilization of three-dimensional graphical users interface (GUI), both in free-open source operating systems (Beryl, Compiz, Metisse, etc.) and in proprietary operating systems (Windows Vista). I would ask you if you want to participate to this survey. The simple questions form can be downloaded from here www.scienzegeografichebologna.it/3ddesktop/ and then you have to send it filled to me: giacomo.andreucci@unibo.it by Thursday 23 August 2007.

Your cooperation it’s really important for me, thanks!

Giacomo Andreucci

Re: Short survey about three-dimensional GUIs users-need participants!

if you would like to stick up the questions here too, it would share the answers with others who are interested.
    every day is a gift

Comment

Excuse me, "here too"... were? Thanks,
      Giacomo

Comment

sorry I have not been into the details but I imagined that it was a question sheet and perhaps that people here might like to read it and give the views on this thread, but if I am wrong or if it is a secret, let be, thanks
        every day is a gift

Comment

Hi, sorry I didn't understand, if you want the questions on the forum here they are:

Bologna University, Degree course in Geographical Sciences – august 2007

A research about three-dimensional spatial models and users perception in three-dimensional graphical interfaces (GUI), both for computers equipped with free-open source operating systems (Linux-Unix) and for computers with proprietary operating systems (Windows Vista)

Survey questions form for Linux/Unix users
          (that currently use- or tried to use- a three-dimensional GUI)

This questions form is referred to the utilisation of your own personal computer.
          If you want participate to the survey you can freely compile the form in the blanks under the questions. Then you have to send it to giacomo.andreucci@unibo.it by Thursday 23 August 2007. The survey’s results will be published on this site: www.scienzegeografichebologna.it/3ddesktop/

1) Do you currently use a three-dimensional GUI on your Linux/Unix operating system? If yes, which interface do you use (e.g. Compiz, Beryl, Compiz Fusion, Metisse, other...)?

2) How did you get to know three dimensional GUIs and why did you decide to try to use them?

3) After you installed one, did you choose to maintain or remove it? If you chose to remove it could you explain the reasons for?

4) Which functions of three-dimensional GUIs do you daily use and prefer? (using the “cube”, perspective windows, etc.)?

5) In your opinion the three-dimensional GUIs make using computer more similar to a game experience than the bi-dimensional interfaces?

6) Do you think that at the moment the three-dimensional GUIs for computers common users are actually useful or are only eye-candy gadgets?

7) In which aspects the current three-dimensional GUIs could be improved by software developers?

Comment

I'll be answering the questionnaire later when I get some free time. But I have just a quick question: Is there a sort of forum/thread/discussion/mailing list about this topic? I'm just curious to see other people's feedback on the topic.

Thanks!
            Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
            X