X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio CDs Won't Eject - mount but show can't be found when ejecting

Help, please!?

I can't get my audio cds to eject without manually pushing the button on the laptop or on my external player. What is odd is that no matter what type of disk I put into either the internal or external player (cdr, cdrw, dvd, etc), they all mount and are read fine (including audio cds). However, the only ones that will not eject through KDE are audio CDs. It doesn't matter whether I try the menu that pops up when right clicking on a desktop icon or whether I use the menu from the storage media panel applet ... the result is the same. Whenever I highlight the "eject" option, it gives the following error:

"error - kio_media_mount helper

audiocd:/ cannot be found"

This has only been occuring for about the last week so I can not figure out what causes it. The audio cds are mounted, read, and can be played through any media player I try ... it's just that they will not eject using KDE versus manually pushing the eject button directly on the drives. This is quite a pain in the backside especially as any other cd/dvd will eject properly.

Only audio CDs seem to be affected. Can anyone PLEASE help? Is there something in fstab or mtab or some other place I should check that might be corrupted or have an error? All drives are working properly and read anything properly ... there's just this majorly annoying unable to eject audio CDs problem.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Audio CDs Won't Eject - mount but show can't be found when ejecting

I'm having the exact same problem on my G4 Powerbook. The problem only started when I put a CD in the drive while working in OSX, and then forgot to remove it before rebooting into Feisty. Since then I can put a CD into the drive and play music, but not eject it. The CD icon shows as a broken CD, even though everything seems to work fine except the eject. I get the same error message as Myke.

If I boot back into OSX, I can eject the CD, but my Powerbook doesn't have a manual eject, so this is a real pain.

Comment

Working...
    X