This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone want to join my project?

Hi guys , I am starting a new OS based on ubuntu and am looking for people to join me!

The OS will have kernel 2.6.22 , kde 3.5.7 , out of the box multimedia support and compiz-fusion for graphics(It is a beta but so far i had no problems with it). Hopefully , with the help of the design team, We can make a beautiful user interface as well.
    I am building this OS because Kubuntu will not be adopting the upcoming Kde 4.0 for another year!(We will as soon as the stable version comes out in October). i am also positive that this OS will be able to compete with major Os's like PclinuxOS in the user-friendliness field
    There will be certain teams in kix OS (This is the name of the Operating system), one to manage the website and one to design for the OS . We are seeking people to help us in this field. below , I will explain the reponsobilites of each team.
    -----
    Website development team
    Currently , there are 2 people who offered to be in this team , baci and Global Bass Alliance. The site will be managed through the Joomla cms and we will use an open source joomla template from rocket theme. Your jobs will be to edit the template to match our default colors(This will be decided by the design team) and to do some writing on the site(I shall help if you guys get really tired of writing). The project leader has not been decided and i don't think it is necessary for this team.

Design team

The design team will be in charge of creating graphic designs for the Operating systems. For now , the jobs are to edit a kdm theme , making it look cooler and making it match our default colors, to edit a splash screen, to make a background , and to make a usplash theme . one more job would be to pick the default colors that the OS will have. The project leader will be Roxas, as he has won a large quantity of competitions in the graphic design field , and his designs are simply amazing! currently , I am asking Chad , a person reffed to me by baci ! I am hoping to have about 5 gfx designers.

I hope to receive money by sponsors and donations , as well as adsence . In the linux field , people donate very heavily to good projects Smile. The money will be divided between everyone , i will show everyone my paypal screenshot , to tell them how much i have in there and then i shall send all of you guys your part of the money.I am not sure how to divide the adsence but if you guys have any ideas on that , i would be glad to incorporate it .The domain is also in the process of being bought.

If you are interested , please tell me in this post and give me your email(I would prefer that you also have an msn account , or any other such as AIM,yahoo and more.

------P.S I hope this does not violate ubuntu rules. i think this can be considered advertising and I am nto sure if the rules permit that . I have seen other people advertise though.

Re: anyone want to join my project?

Kool! . I would suggest a different name though. "Kix OS" dosen't sound interesting or cool.
    LINUX. IT'S SO EASY, EVEN A PENGUIN CAN DO IT.

Comment

Originally posted by yanom
      Kool! . I would suggest a different name though. "Kix OS" dosen't sound interesting or cool.
      Especially when my first thought was

and my second thought was

BTW: Would my laptop have the Wheaties Kix to run kixOS? (See below)
      Toshiba Satellite 2800 P3M Coppermine @1GHz 256MB RAM GeForce 2 GO with 16MB DDR

Comment

sounds like
        [img width=400 height=138]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7460/rigsigeo0.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X