This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting konsole's 'Open Terminal Here' to open in current working directory

What file controls the Actions | Open Terminal Here function (right-clicking in the open window in Konqueror)? Selecting the action opens a root konsole shell in location /root. If it is possible, I'd like to have the konsole open in the folder that is being viewed within konqueror?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Wanting konsole's 'Open Terminal Here' to open in current working directory

Originally posted by Snowhog
    What file controls ...
    /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/konsolehere.desktop

I'd like to have ...
    ... the default - which works well on my "Edgy", "Feisty" and "Gutsy"
    (provided that the Bash config does not contain "contrary code" ).

Comment

Thank you. That confirms that I was looking at the right file. In that file, at the bottom, is the line that executes the konsole with --workdir %f

I have looked high and low to find information on what the %f actuall does. I know that --workdir is used to specify what working directory to use (man konsole). As konsole opens in location /root I have to assume that it tells the command to open there. If so, then what option (to replace %f) would provide for konsole to open in the currently viewed directory? Where can I find documentation on the --workdir %[] options?

Comment

I have looked high and low to find information
        Neither high nor low enough, I dare to say

# http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebas...e-options.html
        # http://standards.freedesktop.org/des...-spec-1.0.html

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornRider
          Neither high nor low enough, I dare to say
          I've been to this site. It does not provide information concerning the 'dir' for --workdir
          --workdir dir

'dir' in this context, means specify a directory to use, i.e. '/home/username' would cause konsole to open in /home/username

This site provides information concerning the field code (the %[] entry). Thank you. I did not find this site during my searching. The available field codes don't appear to provide one that would do what I'm wanting, or am I not understanding the descriptions of what the codes do?

Comment

If it is possible, I'd like to have the konsole open in the folder that is being viewed within konqueror?

Here F4 opens konsole in the folder that is being viewed within konqueror/dolphin.
            Same with right click -> open terminal here.
            Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
            1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
            2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
            X