This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customising Icon Themes

I really like the snowish icon theme apart from the 'save' and 'save as' ones in apps like Kate etc which I always seem to spend longer looking for than I should have to (especially considering they are in the same place!)

How can I change just these icons to a more traditional 'disk' type image like in Crystal SVG for instance?

Ta
    Marc
    http://www.last.fm/music/The+Pony+Collaboration

Re: Customising Icon Themes

I don't know an easy way, although there may be one. The hard way is to manually delete the icons don't like from every size directory that has them and replace them with icons (of the appropriates sizes) that you do like. If you're lucky, someone will suggest a less tedious procedure. Just in case you were wondering where icons are stored, they are in directories under /usr/share/icons/<theme-name>/#x1#/, where "#x#" is something from "16x16" up tp "128x128" plus "scaleable", and (just to add to the fun) not all icon themes have all of the same sizes.

Comment

Thanks askrieger, I had feared it would be so!

So this is more of a KDE usability question, is there a slick way of searching and comparing? I note I can split my Konqueror window vertically and look in to different folders at once (+copy between them) but is there a quick way to filter their contents if I know the naming convention of the files I'm looking for?

Cheers
      Child
      http://www.last.fm/music/The+Pony+Collaboration

Comment

is there a quick way to filter their contents if I know the naming convention of the files I'm looking for?
        Sure. Just change the address bar from (for example) "/usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/<#x#>/actions/" to "/usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/<#x#>/actions/filesave*.png".

Comment

Working...
        X