X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the administrator

Dear Administrator,

I just want to let you know (if you don't know already), that this forum is used by spammers to get e-mail addresses. The e-mail starts with :

"Greetings and How are you today,I am Edwin Kwaussi I am member of www.kubuntuforums.net I would like you to permit me to apply through this medium for your co-operation and to secure an opportunity to invest and do joint relationship and business with you in your country."

I assume they want money by some illegal way. If you could make your site more secure, I would appreciate.
    Thanks,
    Sandor

Re: To the administrator

Your e-mail address is visible even to a non-member of the forum (i saw it as i was reading both the rss feed and the post before logging in); you should hide it by going to Profile > Account Related Settings and checking the hide e-mail box

edit: i now notice my e-mail address is visible to forum members

Comment

I've got this spam too...I'm confused about this page

Comment

Unfortunately, I was unable to find the name Edwin Kwaussi on our membership list, so I couldn't drop him from the membership. I'm glad that everyone seems to realize that this is not happening with the approval or consent of the site. Besides, I thought that Nigerian email scams were so well known nowadays that not even a grade schooler would fall for that one.

Comment

Ok I think everything should be fixed now. Thanks for letting me know about the issue. I apologize for the slow response, however I am in Africa at the moment and at my current location internet is hard to come by.

OS

Comment

Originally posted by Open Source
            I am in Africa at the moment ...

Hmmmmmmmm ... you wouldn't be in NIGERIA, would you, OS?

Comment

Good one Dibl . Still, to the others, I know this isn't a joke.

Comment

LOL, no actually I am just on vacation in Kenya. At least now spammers will have to register in order to view email addresses, and they should be hidden by default now. Thanks.

OS

Comment

Thanks for the replies. And of course for the administrator for the fast action even when he is away in the far Kenya. :-) Have a nice vacation.

By the way I replied to our guy Edwin (or whatever name he uses) in Hungarian first. He wrote the complete War and peace and asked if I could write in English or French. Then I used low level "dictionary English" and make a dumb ass of myself, and he didn't write since then. I thought this will be a fun for longer. Perhaps I should ask "Where is my money?"

Comment

Working...
                  X