This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate/New Logo Idea

Soo, I designed an alternate logo and posted it on KDE-Look. I want to know what you all think!!!

[img width=400 height=100]http://www.kde-look.org/CONTENT/content-pre1/59957-1.png[/img]
    [img width=400 height=133]http://www.kde-look.org/CONTENT/content-pre2/59957-2.png[/img]
    ** for some stupid reason, kubuntu forums only allows images to be a max of 400px wide, so they're horribly scaled.

KDE-Look page

Ubuntu forums post - more easily viewable there due to color scheme
    It should become the official Kubuntu logo!
    0%
    An alternate theme should be designed around it.
    0%
    Kubuntu doesn't really need a new logo.
    0%
    It's horrid!!! It's worse than the Windows logo!!
    0%

Re: Alternate/New Logo Idea

Kinda reminds me of the Imperial logo from Star Wars...

While it's not a bad concept, it is very similar to the current one - which was designed to include both the Ubuntu "let's-all-stand-hugging-in-a-circle" logo with the KDE cogs. Your design loses some of the Ubuntu "human" touch which I think is a part of the *ubuntu brand.

Note to others: the image in jordoex's post has been (poorly) scaled (I presume) by the forum software.

Comment

yes, that's true... that's one of the main reasons why i have the others linked... also, I made some modified versions available on the KDE-look page.

Also, i designed this one because I feel the current logo loses the human touch... What kinda humans have cog shaped heads? It's much harder to visualize. On the other hand, I feel my logo gains it back.

Comment

Wow, I like it....
        I don't really like the current kubuntu logo, I think this one is better.

Comment

I kinda like the current one..
          My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think that the human eye is not made for sharp edges. I like smooth things...
            Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

Originally posted by Gediminas2
              I think that the human eye is not made for sharp edges. I like smooth things...
              That sounds kinda silly, since lots of architecture has always used sharp edges, and the current logo has pointy gears... cmon, no silly comments. AND there's the one I made with rounded edges...

Comment

I like this alternate design. What Kubuntu does need though is to replace the default Kmenu icon with a Kubuntu logo. Having said that, I have since replaced my Kmenu icon (actually through Tasty Menu) with this icon!
                Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It&#39;s what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Working...
                X