This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant get wifi to work in new version!

I downloaded the new version a few days ago. Im trying to get wifi to work but its screwing up stays at 28% and doesnt connect etc...I tried manually typing in the IP address and the gateway but it keeps coming up as "The default gateway IP address is invalid" even if it is valid!

This is a stock IBM Thinkpad T23 with 512mb RAM. And Im trying to connect to a Belkin wireless G router, that is set to do auto DHCP. Ive decided to format the XP partition and try this OS instead, based on the reviews. My Mac mini works beautifully! XP worked on this wifi setup, why is this so complicated? What is it looking for?

Re: Cant get wifi to work in new version!

Are you using WPA encryption for your wireless network?

It took me a while to get my ThinkPad T41 connecting to my (yep) Belkin router... search these forums for possible solutions. (Possibly installing wpasupplicant might help; but quite honestly the wifi situation in Feisty is a mess, with KNetworkManager, KWifiManager, KControl/System Settings and iwconfig all working to different degrees and all interfering with each other...)

If you're not using WPA... I open the floor to suggestions...

Comment

Working...
    X