X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K3B and MAD MP3 support

Originally posted by Dax Solomon Umaming
    Philippines doesn't and, hopefully, never recognize software patents.
    That must be awesome, does that mean its legal to download stuff off P2P?? I hear since theres all this crap about copyright some one's buying land of cuba to make a country with its own copyright laws [or lack of them], a/k/a heaven/peaceful community. CopyWRONG people are tyrants, the only thing I know about copyright is "I copy, that's right"
    My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm not a lawyer, so I May Be Wrong...

But, AFAIK, you can download anything but you can't sell them or distribute them, personal use only. PirateBay did want to buy an island in our country since, legally, they aren't distributing content but pointers to the actual content.

As for the proprietary codecs, as long as the Linux distribution that includes those codecs was developed here, then you can legally distribute them. You see, our copyright laws are that good since we do not recognize software patents. Here, softwares may be copyrighted, but not patented.

And to answer your question, yeah, it's legal to download stuff of P2P.
      Dax Solomon Umaming<br />http://blog.knightlust.com/

Comment

I hear someone buying land of Cuba for $20,000 US...
        My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

@RealG187
          I was wrong, I consulted my lawyer friends and LUG experts and they told me that, yes, we can download anything here - even copyrighted materials - but should only be used for learning/educational purposes only... not personal nor for profit. This includes audio/video materials. The fair use clause on our copyright law is clear on that and takes precedence even over EULA's.
          Dax Solomon Umaming<br />http://blog.knightlust.com/

Comment

Working...
          X