This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configure terminal in 80x25 with any window size

Hi! I need a terminal which I can configure it to 80x25 size, but if I do it with konsole I get a very little window. I would like it to maintain the size even if I maximize the window or resize it; that it would make the characters bigger instead of adding more lines.

Thanks, and sorry for my english!

Re: Configure terminal in 80x25 with any window size

Take a look through the manual:

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebas...le/konsole.pdf

You should find what you need to do with the settings to get what you want.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I've already read konsole's manual, but it doesn't say nothing about what I want.
      The only thing is launching konsole from command line with

$konsole --vt_sz 80x25

but I get the same result, when I get the window bigger the number of rows and columns also get bigger, I want it to stay 80x25

Comment

You need to edit the Konsole application it self. According to the manual, under the Settings Menu, you can set the size of the text area:

Settings - Size Set size of text area (given in columns x rows).

This setting should restrict the display window to the 80x25 that you desire. Depending on the screen (desktop) resolution you have set, the resulting Konsole window could be small. You can toggle the window to full screen mode with Ctrl+Shift+F
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

One of the most significant reasons that I use konsole is the fact that I can generate a 135 column by 45 line screen at a readable resolution. If you really need a 80x25 terminal why not try a different xterm program, use Synaptic or Adept (if you must) to search on the word "terminal" in name and description. You might like gnome-terminal, or xterm, or aterm, or eterm, or ... I believe gnome-terminal works in exactly the way you want. Of course, since gnome apps are almost untweakable, if you ever change your mind, you may have to change terminal programs.

Comment

Working...
          X