X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]Virtual CD mounting program.

Hello all.

I'm looking for a linux program that will allow me to mount ISOs on a virtual CD drive.

Are there any out there

Re: Virtual CD mounting program.

I'm not sure that I understand what you want to do. However if you want to download an iso file and then mount it without burning it. That's fairly easy.
    Code:
    mount -o loop -t iso9660 <source iso> <target dir>
    If I've guessed wrong, I apologize. Please explain what it is you that you want to do.

Comment

I think it's called kiso??

erie
      ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Kiso seemed to crash to me but the mount command worked like a champ.

Thanks guys

Comment

Re: [SOLVED]Virtual CD mounting program.

I wonder if some could take pity on me and spell out the syntax for this one.

If I have an ISO I made of a movie I own on DVD that I'd like to mount so that I can watch it, and I have the iso in my /home/maxqnz directory could someone tell me what I need to type to get it mounted so that I can watch it?
          Victoria concordia crescit<br />ओ पालन्हारे ... तुम्रे बिन हम्र कौनोन नहीं

Comment

mount -o loop>>>>creates a virtual drive
            iso9660>>>>>>>>tells it what the file system is
            source iso>>>>>>>name of the iso you want to watch/mount
            target dir>>>>>>>>where it will be mounted(you have to attach it to the file
            system)

Comment

Originally posted by eriefisher

target dir>>>>>>>>where it will be mounted(you have to attach it to the file
              system)
              So, would this work:
              mount -o loop -t iso9660 home/maxqnz/omkara.iso /media

Comment

I think you can leave out the /home/maxqnz and just use the name.iso.

Your already in /home/maxqnz.

Comment

Thanks for your help, that worked fine. Now all I need to know is how to get my DVD players to see it. Both MPlayer and Xine look in "/dev/dvd" but I can't mount my ISO there because :"/dev/dvd is not a directory" - any ideas?

Comment

I'm afraid that I don't understand what you're trying to do. ISO9660 is a standard for data disks, not (as far as I know) video except insofar as video files can be reformatted as data files. "Iso" as used in the original thread is a colloquialism for a DATA file called "something.iso". You can't view it, although an iso could contain one or more mpg, ram, ogg-theora, or any other standard format, digital video files.

If you have an iso file of the type I have described, just mount the iso to a directory. Navigate to that directory in konqueror. Right click on the video formatted file that you wish to play, and you will be presented with a list of players for that type of file, probably including Mplayer and Xine.

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
                      I'm afraid that I don't understand what you're trying to do. ISO9660 is a standard for data disks, not (as far as I know) video except insofar as video files can be reformatted as data files. "Iso" as used in the original thread is a colloquialism for a DATA file called "something.iso". You can't view it.
                      Yes, but that's exactly what virtual drive software in Windows allows me to do. Once I've created an ISO from a DVD, if I mount the ISO in my virtual drive software, my default DVD player automatically starts up. IOW, it behaves exactly as it would if I had inserted a physical DVD in my actual DVD drive. This is what I am trying to replicate in Linux, if possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X