This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard volume control

I have an Eclipse keyboard that has volume control buttons on it. These buttons don't effect the volume though. I do get a volume meter on the screen, and in kmix it does adjust the Master volume. The problem is the master volume does nothing for the volume. It seems to be PCM only.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get these buttons working?

Re: Keyboard volume control

I thought I saw some sort of multimedia keyboard app in the repo. That's the best I can do.

john

Comment

the packages "hotkey-setup" and "laptop-mode-tools" solved my problem. i have a logitech keyboard. anyway, thess should be installed automatically by default. but if you don't have them, try installing them and let us know.

Comment

Sorry it's taken me so long to post a reply here, but between having other things take priority and just plain forgetting I haven't gotten to it.

The computer I was doing all this on no longer has internet and when it does again it's going to be dial-up. I could still try the suggestions that totoymola had but it's not really worth it in the long run. The person using the computer never uses the buttons on the keyboard so no biggie on getting it working.

Comment

Working...
        X