This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazilian Kubuntu

okay, I've been using Kubuntu for a couple of months now and have to say: I really like it! While I admit I'm not a complete noob when it comes to Linux, I'm far from being an expert by any stretch of the imagination.

Okay, here's my question that I am throwing out there:

My wife is Brazilian and I'd really like her to use Linux. While I could use something like Kurumin, I would rather use Kubuntu (granted it will work on our laptop, but that's another story). The catch is that I want the install to be in Brazil Portuguese. While I understand that most of the command line items will still be in English, I would like a version where KDE is translated for her benefit and mine. Anyone know where I can get a copy?

I checked the Brazilian team's WiKi and found only a link to the regular Kubuntu. And I know they have a Brazilian Ubuntu - i just prefer KDE over Gnome.

Re: Brazilian Kubuntu

Whether you install ubuntu or kubuntu is irrelevant as they can very easily be converted, although ubuntu seems to be better so I install ubuntu then kde which is in the ubuntu repository as kubuntu-desktop.
    Maybe you could find some sort of Portuguese dictionary/language pack at the kde site?

Comment

Re: Brazilian Kubuntu

Sorry for the delayed response. If you haven't found it yet, please take a look at the package "kde-i18n-ptbr". In general, you can use Synaptic or Adept to search the package lists for things with "-pt" in the package name.

Comment

Working...
      X