This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gnome or KDE

Do you prefer Kde over gnome, gnome over KDE, or other?

Re: Gnome or KDE

Just a thought, but maybe the fact that this poll is on the Kubuntu forums might sway the results a little...

Comment

The results will certainly change depending on where(which forum) you ask the question. I also think this is on the top of the list for most asked questions.
      ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

I also think this is on the top of the list for most asked questions.
        It's also unneccesary. Personally, I use KDE because I prefer it's "look and feel" to that of Gnome. But, I still use a number of Gnome programs under KDE. In particular, I prefer Synaptic to Adept, and I haven't found any good substitiutes for Streamtuner and Pan. I also use some straight X applications (Emacs and Xmms). They all show up on my K-menu and run perfectly well in Kubuntu. Just use what you like and don't worry about KDE vs. Gnome unless you like "holy wars".

Comment

Just going by the default set up that they both come with on Ubuntu. KDE looks nicer. Although they're both fully customisable so for day to day use the difference is really subtle.
          I use KDE partially just because I'm used to it but also because I like the logic behind where things are.

Comment

Working...
          X