This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taskbar font colors

I have my panels set to semi transparent. I would also like to use a darker desktop color. How can I change the font color, say to light blue, in the taskbar so that I can see the app. name with a dark backround?

Any ideas would be helpfull
    Cheers
    Fintan
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: Taskbar font colors

Good question. I'd like to know, too. I've looked at a number of kicker config files but can't find a place where the font or font color is defined. It must be somewhere :-~
    Linux user #387890

Comment

AFAIK there is no way to change *just* the taskbar text color, you can set *a* color in the kcontrol colors dialog that also affects the taskbar (can't remember what it was, possibly the menu text color)...of course this will also affect the menu texts (if it was the menu color), which may make the text unreadable on a light colored menu.

Comment

Thank you kubicle, I tried that to but it is not satisfractory, as you implied.

It would be a neat feature though. All I have found is how to change the taskbar style in panel configuration from "elegant" to "classical" or "transparent". Clasicle works but negates a transparent panel.

Well I guess we have to live with it for the moment.

Cheers
        F
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

FYI, the feature of changing taskbar font colors has been added upstream (http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007...636638/#visual), so it should make it's way downstream eventually.

Comment

Thank you for the info. Looks good, just what we need
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
            X