This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderbird 91.0.3

I'm not holding out much hope of this being released for KDE Neon (Kubuntu 20.04) so I grabbed the (British English) tarball and extracted it to /opt and symlinked the executable to /usr/bin

It asked me if I wanted to use my current profile and launched with all my accounts, settings and add-ons intact.

One thing I did notice is that the theming for scrollbars with the dark theme I'm using is no longer broken like it was for 78!
    Constant change is here to stay!

So, how is the FF .3 release behaving?

I am running the .2 release in Neon and it is not running any better than it did in Kubuntu 20.04. The biggest problem is that it will appear to freeze when opening a new page and specifically it delays opening an IPv6 webpage. Like when I test it on https://ipv6-test.com It will open a tab and then freeze for 15 seconds. Sometimes the page opens and works nicely, sometimes it barfs a lung.

EDIT:
    I solved my FireFox hesitancy problem! I installed Brave and Palemoon, and purged FF.
    Brave runs every page FF stalls on in instant, and so does palemoon. Which one I use permanently will depend on how the email link and other extensions work.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Sep 07, 2021, 03:11 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

FF is still on 91.0.2 here. I haven't had any trouble with it. Wasn't 92 announced yesterday?
      Last edited by Beerislife; Sep 07, 2021, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
        FF is still on 91.0.2 here. I haven't had any trouble with it. Wasn't 92 announced yesterday?
        It was, albeit with mostly Mac fixes and also the much anticipated harware acceleration for video transcoding apparently got pushed to 93.
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

And as soon as I install Thunderbird 91.0.3 they release TB 91.1.0.

Installed and working fine.

Comment

I'm now running FF 92.0 in KDE Neon.
            Runs nicely, but Brave is faster. But, for now, I'm sticking with FF92.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I tried Brave..... It was gone a few minutes later. I also tried Vivaldi, it suffered the same fate. Call me an old stick-in-the-mud if you like!

Comment

Working...
              X