X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail question

Hi Folks, here is a question:
    In KDE Neon20.04, user's edition, what and where is the folder maintaining the received emails in Kontact's kmail app?
    My task is to attach a few of past received emails to a new one i am composing to send out. Is this task feasible?
    Thank you!

Mail is stored in ~/.local/share/local-mail/

However, this is a Linux standard mails directory not specific to kmail, and if you look there, you probably won't be seeing individual mail files in a format you might use to forward. If you are using imap for email, the actual message may actually mostly exist on the mail server, not on your computer.
    In any case, you would select the messages from within kmail to forward, I think there should be an option to forward-as-attachement.

I am probably wrong, of course. Have not been a kmail user for some time now, but I have done this using it.

Comment

Thanks Claydoh!
      In ~/.local/share/local-mail/, as you said, all folders except "sent-mail" are empty.
      In any case, you would select the messages from within kmail to forward, I think there should be an option to forward-as-attachement.
      Forwarding work OK. But attaching, as is my intention, does not work .

Comment

Working...
      X