This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse movement

As of the past several days now, maybe a week, my mouse movement (cursor on the screen) has been less than smooth, as if the movement is being buffered. This observation is 'new', as it wasn't like this 'before'. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Not here. My just installed system seems fine in this regard. Dual monitor setup on an RX560 graphics card.

Comment

Nothing noted here on my machines.

Comment

Have not noticed it here either. Could it be the mouse it's self?
        Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Originally posted by kc1di View Post
          Have not noticed it here either. Could it be the mouse it's self?
          No, it isn't the mouse. I should add that this is a Virtual Machine (Oracle VirtualBox) running on my iMac. But that said, this behavior of the mouse wasn't experienced on this VM previously, so it must be related to some update. The mouse doesn't show this problem if I move the mouse out of the VM to the Host OS. But move it back to the VM and the issue persists.

Comment

Well, as of today, mouse movement is back to normal. Nothing has been done other than checking for and applying package updates, so I have to assume, that for me, some package(s) that has/have been updated was/were creating the issue. No matter, I'm happy again.

Comment

Hmm. As of the last several days, the anomaly is back.

Comment

Working...
              X