This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After update, Leave options disappeared

Now, I have searched far and wide, but [surprise, surprise] can't seem to find, well, anything... that actually seems to apply.

I right-click on the desktop, then choose "leave".
    Usually that brings up the choices, Reboot, Shutdown, Shut up, Logout.
    Now it does... nothing.

If I press Ctrl-Alt-Del, I get the shutdown options (so, no big deal).
    I checked the System settings, they look OK.
    I tried deleting ~/.config/ksmserverrc and rebooting. No luck.

I guess the "solution" would be to just use Ctrl-Alt-Del and hope for the best in some future update, but maybe there's a better one...

I'll bet there was a major kernel update, or major Plasma update or SDDM

Something in memory probably is not liking the new stuff on the drive, I suspect. It may depend on the machine, as I see this on occasion on my laptop, but never on my PC, and only after a major update.
    Not sure of it is a Linux thing, or a plasma thing, or a KDE thing, it likely is not a Kubuntu specific thing but I dunno, really.

Comment

Thought as much.
      Still, as long as Ctrl-Alt-Del works, it's really minor.

No kernel upgrades, it looks like. I'm still running 4.18.0-25 and there are no newer entries in /boot.
      And btw, since I ditched grub, I have no kernel update problems either... did I mention I hate grub?

There were some vague mentions of initramfs-something Linux/x86 something-else-generic in the update, but I didn't really pay much attention... guess it wasn't that anyway.
      (I have "alias upd='sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade') in my .bashrc :·)

Comment

After today's update, leave options are back

Comment

Well , if this is your Neon dev unstable install, this sort of thing will be a normal, regular occurrence.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X