Fails to run on subsequent loads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fails to run on subsequent loads

I got KDE neon User Edition successfully installed as a VM (Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager) this morning. Only took me two and a half days of trying!

However, after successfully launching and running the VM twice, subsequent loads fail. I get to the loading screen:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Loading screen.png
Views:	21
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	683101
    But it hangs here, forever. Pressing Esc shows me what's happening:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	KDE neon failure to run.png
Views:	21
Size:	261.3 KB
ID:	683102
    I'm about to give up on the latest and greatest KDE neon User Edition.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

I think Vbox hates you

If you get bored on a rainy/snowy day, give virt-manager a whirl. Just to see. I find all my vm run much faster and smoother and don't seem to hog ALL the resources, at least on this old 35 watt i5-7500T.
    (I sure do miss my last 'real' system, though)

Comment

TBH, I have had 4 systems come up stating that 24.04 is available. 2 systems that were original installs from 22.04 failed on the actual update process. However, on these two I was able to do all the command line "magic" pieces many times to finally get it complete. Currently they operate fine. However, very very bumpy update.

The other two were eventually lost causes and had to do a complete reinstall. That actually went OK. A few bumps on one and I cannot tell why unless hardware issue. Anyway, these two lost causes I think may have been due to how they were originally installed and why the first 2 I could save and these I could not.

Anyway, I know such a huge gap migration is difficult to achieve perfection. I have one last system to test with. It is my main system at work, sooooo, I'll hold a little longer just because it is a massive system that I can't afford to spend a lot of time on trying to repair if it doesn't go well.

I can say that a lot of issues revolve around network access and that message above seems very familiar in my issues.

Comment

Working...
      X