Yakuake not retaining screen setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yakuake not retaining screen setting

Since the switch to Wayland and Plasma 6, Yakuake will not stay on Screen 1 after the screens go to power save. It always switches to Screen 2.

The only work around I have is to select "At mouse location" under screen settings but this is annoying also because I want it on Screen 1 regardless of where my mouse is. I don't use the mouse when I'm using Yakauke, duh.

Please Read Me

Have you tried setting a kwin window rule for yakuake (to force the wanted screen) in System Settings Window Rules?

Comment

I didn't have the issue on my Plasma 6 dual screen setup , which I don't have any longer.
      It sort of sounds like what I saw in Plasma pre-5.25. Switching between xorg and waylnd would flip flop screen IDs, as the monitors had different IDs for each session (DP-1 vs DP1, for example) That was fixed iirc by 5.27. But I also stopped switching sessions long before.
      I don't recall Yakuake being affected, but I am not positive there. As suggested, a window rule *should* sort it out, for now.

I have a monitor arriving next week. That price is about 90USD *before* a 20% discount code. Unknown manufacturer, for sure, but used monitors sell for more, and oddly, DisplayPorts on these seem to be uncommon on this side of the equator?

This gives me a single monitor setup for my neglected neon box, though I can use my Fedora Chromebook and see what happens on a 'virgin' dual monitor setup.

Comment

I filed a bug report and found nearly the exact same bug reported 3 years ago and "fixed". Seems this is a regression or Plasma 6 or Wayland brought it back up.

Please Read Me

Comment

I just checked ~/.config/yakuake and can see "Screen=1" in it. Next time it happens I'll check back and see if it's actually changing in the config file or not.

Please Read Me

Comment

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=488467

After power-save the Yakuake window remains on Screen 2 even if Screen 1 is subsequently selected. The only way to get the window to open on screen 1 is to select "At mouse location" then move the mouse and open Yakuake. At that point one can re-select Screen 1 and it will stay there until the next screen power-save

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
            X