Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest update broke some system sound notifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest update broke some system sound notifications?

After this morning's update I noticed I was no longer getting a sound when toggling numlock or capslock.

First, I went into system settings and discovered they had moved the sounds from /usr/share/sounds/oxygen/ to /usr/share/sounds/oxygen/stereo but linked to the new sound files.

Assuming maybe the link was the issue, I changed the file location (and name - they changed those too) I still got no sound and testing the sound in System Settings produced no audio output.

Checking syslog revealed:
    Code:
    message repeated 16 times: [ org.kde.kcm_notifications: Failed to play sound "file:///usr/share/sounds/oxygen/stereo/message-contact-out.ogg" with canberra: Invalid argument]

I also cannot play the two .ogg sounds I use for my notification with Elisa - they show up as a "failed" icon. So I cleared my playlist and loaded all the sounds. Of the 63 sound files in my oxygen sound folder 12 are invalid. Then I went to the "ocean" sounds and had similar results: of 40 sounds 10 are invalid. I then played all 40 of the Ocean sounds with Audacity and all played without issue.

Logging out to test a different user account.

Please Read Me

So changing the sound files seems to have stopped the error messages but it still doesn't work - on any user.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
    X