Moved to KDE Neon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved to KDE Neon

I used Kubuntu for 14 years straight, from Feb of 2009 until the spring of 2023. Then I decided to try Debian 12.
    I used it for about a year, up until last weekend, when I switched to KDE Neon because it is the front edge of the KDE desktop.
    No complaints so far.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Have fun!

Personally I will wait at least until Plasma 6.1.x before using Plasma 6 more than Plasma 5.27.x (on openSUSE Tumbleweed and TUXEDO OS 3 then) - still too many bugs and missing features for my workflow atm. And those aesthetical bugs like the uneven gaps when the Plasma Panels are floating… I am too much a visual person for that.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

So far, except for the full screen YT lockups, Plasma 6 has been working perfectly for me. Maybe the lockup has been fixed. I'll try to watch a YT video and see.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

I also just started trying it and at first I was not sure about it, no Wi-Fi missing icons, wigits and so on...but after doing a little research on how to re-install the correct kernel-sources for the Wi-Fi adaptor and then doing a sudo full-upgrade to get the desktop working correctly everything now works great and no issues at all to report so far... I am going to use this for now, see what happens when the update comes up, so far great.

Comment

Upgrades have resolved the YT hang problem.
          Everything is golden now!

Comment

KDE neon is a great cutting edge platform, But I vote for stability and Like Latte-Dock which does not work with Plasma 6. I know latte is on the way out. But I'm old fashioned and still use it on 5.27. Kubuntu is good also but using debian at the moment. I'm try out NEON again, So far so good. Can't get 32bit wine working though. Oh well.
            Last edited by kc1di; Jun 05, 2024, 10:06 AM.
            Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

I like cutting edge. Sometimes there are problems, but they resolve themselves in time.

Comment

Working...
              X