X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jlittle
    replied
    Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
    ... FireFOX SNAP just really sucks. If Mozilla truly wanted to loose users...
    Firefox being deployed in snaps is not Mozilla's doing, it's Canonical's. There have been quite a few threads here about it, many giving instructions on how to get rid of snaps and get Firefox another way. I suggest doing a web search for "firefox download linux".

Leave a comment:

• claydoh
    replied
    Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
    All different in use and OS flavor (KDE Neon and Kubuntu). One of each is effected.
    It isn't a Snap issue, then, since neon doesn't use it for FF, but uses the Mozilla Team's PPA for deb versions.
    However, iirc the actual binaries in each may be 100% identical.

It might well be a general bug.

I see an occasional freeze, but nothing I can remember exactly, since it has been brief and rare.

Leave a comment:

• MoonRise
    started a topic FireFOX randonly Freezes or crashes

FireFOX randonly Freezes or crashes

So first, I really have to say, that FireFOX SNAP just really sucks. If Mozilla truly wanted to loose users, this was the best approach. I'm really close to ditching it.

This occurs on 2 of 3 systems I have. All different in use and OS flavor (KDE Neon and Kubuntu). One of each is effected.

Per the subject, FireFOX randonly Freezes or crashes. No rhyme or reason for it. Any TAB will do this for some unknown reason and just random at that. On both I have removed all plug-ins, I cleared CACHE, I reset the browser. The only thing I have not done is totally blow it away and reload. Being SNAP I would think I wouldn't have to do that.

So, anyone else with similar issues?
Working...
X