X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L O 5 update and possible new print GUI paradigm

I will be generic here but,

I just noticed a couple of days ago that when I hit print in the latest updated LO 5 that the "usual" printer GUI is not there.

It defaults to a tab named options on the right side , the original tab labled "general" is on the left and when one clicks it the original button down on the bottom left for "details" is not there it is now further up and a selectable sub-menu.

And there is now, second from the left a "libre office" tab.

So, my "perception" of this is that they have concluded that "most people" probably just have one printer, I have three, and don't change the settings of the PRINTER so much as a

setting like the "page layout" tab which as a "draw a border around each page" option.

so, am I just clueless or has there been a change that others have observed?

woodwonderingsmoke

I have two printers connected and here is my LibreOffice printer dialog:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170614_213957.png
Views:	1
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	643534
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yes, that is what I have.

Does it default to the options tab when you click "print" from withing the document?

and, am I completely out of it that I think this is something "relatively" new? I don't print a lot anymore although I do go through "bouts" of it where I'll print a half a ream in a couple of days.

woodkindaoutaitsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
        Yes, that is what I have.

Does it default to the options tab when you click "print" from withing the document?

and, am I completely out of it that I think this is something "relatively" new? I don't print a lot anymore although I do go through "bouts" of it where I'll print a half a ream in a couple of days.

woodkindaoutaitsmoke
        No. Whether I click File --> Print or click the Printer Icon, that dialog comes up with my "default" printer (As determined in the HP Device Manager) pre-selected. When I print "Ok" the document is sent to the printer.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

ok so i think that this can be marked solved, that it is, indeed a new "gui" for printing in the latest LO4.

thanks as always oh grey one!

woodlikesthenewlo5smoke

Comment

Working...
          X