Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New video shenanigans: Magic swapping monitors!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New video shenanigans: Magic swapping monitors!

I have a triple-monitor setup and all three are attached to different computers. I've had this setup since Kubuntu 14.04. Now with nVidia drivers on updated Neon - just this week - when I switch the center monitor off of my Neon box - the desktop goes nuts and re-arranges the panel and widgets to other monitors. This has not happened prior to this week.

The center monitor is connected to the Neon box via DP and two a laptop and my server via DVI-to-HDMI cables to HDMI ports.

When I switch to the laptop on the center monitor, the panel moves left, the widgets on the right monitor move to the left monitor, and the desktop folder widget on the left monitor goes away. When I switch the center monitor back to Neon, the panel moves back to center but the widgets stay on the left and the desktop folder widget stays gone. Usually, the right monitor is still usable but has a black background instead of my wallpaper. Logging out/in fixes it.

I suspect this is the result of a "feature" which monitors the video connections for a laptop-type install and tries to guess the best location for my desktop stuff when a monitor becomes not-in-use.

Anyone know where to start looking to turn this off?

Please Read Me
Working...
X