This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] Possible bug in Muon

Not sure if it is just me, but I experience a small glitch.

In Muon, when I sort by Package name, and then set a new filter, the sorting is "lost" but the little Sort indicator in the grid heading still shows that it is sorted. Tapping the heading twice re-enables the sorting.

I believe this is not Neon specific and has been an issue for a long time.

I'd like to report it as a bug but I get lost in all the bug reporting options, which bug tracking service should I even use?

Report KDE bugs on https://bugs.kde.org. You have to create an account before you can report bugs.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Seems to be this bug?

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=313596
      On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Sigh. Sounds exactly like my issue. Reported over three years ago. Will this ever be fixed, I would imagine it to be easy for someone with the level of programming knowledge that allowed them to create muon in the first place.

Comment

The Muon package manager was actually dropped in favour of Discover and became unmaintained. We were actually going to drop it from Kubuntu 16.04 as it was unusable (crashed on refreshing packages). Carlo then stepped up to try and maintain it and although it was tight, we managed to get a fixed version into Xenial.

I will email Carlo pointing him to this bug and see if there is anything he can do.

Comment

I'd rather have a root canal without analgesic than use Discover. Discover is worse than Adept was.

Comment

My thanks to Carlos for rehabilitating Muon. IMO, it is the best GUI package manager in KDE and he is doing a great job!
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yes, many thanks to Carlo. Muon is great. It makes package management a pleasure and a breeze. It's one of the many really nice things about Linux.
                An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

So I spoke with Jon in #kde-neon and he is adding it to their CI, or maybe NCI ?!?

See the following release statement - http://jriddell.org/2016/08/25/kdeve...-plasma-5-7-4/

Comment

I had a thought yesterday while using muon. I had installed qemu, virt-manger, kvm and they, in addition, pulled in other packages. The list of installed packages is shown in the history. It would be really nice if a person could select one or more in the history list and right click on them to reveal two options, uninstall and purge.
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                    X