This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How-To: Mouse-click menu anywhere on desktop

If you'd like to get a system/application menu to pop-up anywhere on the desktop (like in E17 and some other WMs), it's easily done in KDE. It's very handy if you use the mouse a lot, and more so if you do like me with dual monitors.

Right-click anywhere on the desktop (or alternately click on the cashew) and in the menu that appears, select "Default Desktop Settings". In the dialog that opens, select "Mouse Actions" from the left panel. You should now have a dialog similar to the one shown below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MouseMenu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	647926

Choose the drop-down for the mouse button you want to bind to the menus. I my case, seeing that the right and middle buttons were already assigned and the left one wasn't, I chose the left mouse button for my menus. Click "Apply" and then "OK". That's it. Now when you click that button on any visible spot on the desktop you'll get a system/application menu similar to mine shown here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MouseMenu1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	647927

When I'm working a lot with the mouse, like in some graphics applications, I find it so much easier to use this then to have to go all the way back to the menu icon or go back to the keyboard to press my menu keybindings. Especially when I'm working on my second monitor!
    Last edited by Dutchman; Feb 10, 2013, 11:21 PM.
    Computers don't make mistakes. They only execute them.
Working...
X