This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howto: Make multisheet poster from smaller image PosteRazor

Make large, multi-sheet, multi-page, poster from smaller image. PosteRazor.

I was not able to find any really straightforward way to do this with GIMP, etc.

So, I typed "poster" in Synaptic and found "PosteRazor".

It is very straightforward, produces a .pdf that has the sheets running down the left pane of Okular, numbered, which you can then print.

A child can do it or a student who needs a poster for an announcement at school, etc.

It does produce "jaggies" in text etc., the size of the jaggies being dependent upon how much you scale the poster up from the image, but that is to be expected.

Here is the sourceforge website, it has a video, and you can download from there, but the dl in Syanptic installed in "Graphics" without a hitch.

http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/in...t&lang=english

If anyone has questions just ask.

woodsmoke

If your original is a PDF, you may also get good results with pdfposter (also in ye repositories). Depending on how the pdf was creating - ie whether it has raster images or is all vector instructions - you can avoid those "jaggies".
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

SecretCode, thank you very much for that, I'll try it.

woodsmoke

Comment

Woodsmoke:

It is very straightforward, produces a .pdf that has the sheets running down the left pane of Okular, numbered, which you can then print.
        It won't accept a PDF as an input file, unfortunately.

SecretCode:

you may also get good results with pdfposter
        Appears to be a command line utility. I got all kinds of python errors when I tried to use it on a PDF that Adobe and/or Okular will load just fine.

In both cases, the input file was a vector PDF.

Frank.
        Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

I had trouble with this a couple of years ago and found Picasa (via Wine) to work quite well. Obviously not as good a solution as OP, but worth a look if someone needs a different option.

Comment

Just thought I would bump this thread.

I'm redoing my kitchen,.... I do that every few months! lol........with a Christmas theme and decided to print a poster of a vintage postcard and used the appy and it worked fine.

When I clicked it it popped in Okular and printed without a hitch.

And, as Frank noted it does NOT load a pdf from file.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
            X