X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kontact "reminders" now appearing! other improvements commentary

I did NOTHING to enable this.

It had to be in some "update" of which I am totally clueless!!

Suddenly, a few days ago the "reminders" in my Kontact/Koraganizer Calendar started producing in the centre of the screen, very nicely formatted to fit the somewhat subdued ambience of my stock Kubu desktop! lol.....

Reminders!!! woah!!!

the whole "K" thing for office is stepping up a few notches!!!

woodsmoke

Re: Kontact/Korganizer "reminders" now appearing!

Got a screenshot?

Comment

next time one appears I shall provide it forthwith!

woodsmoke

Comment

Your request is my command.

Please note that the digital clock plasmoid also has the reminders.

Again, I did NOTHING to get this, it just appeared a few days ago.

[img width=400 height=250]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/james5280/kontactreminder.png[/img]

Here is a linky to the full screeny if anyone wants more detail:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...ctreminder.png

woodsmoke

Comment

I gather from your initial surprise that this never happened previously? Since I don't use any part of KDE PIM, I'm not sure what's expected. How did your reminders behave previously?

Comment

Hi SteveRiley

I've used Kontact for several years and have never had the reminders "pop" like that.

I have applied no "setting" of which I can think.

I always figured that some day the devs for Kontact would eventually get around to it, and apparently they have and it appeared in some update within the last few weeks.

HOWEVER, it may be that somebody will pop (pun intended! ) into the thread and says...well woodsmoker if you had just ticked THIS box you would have had popup notifications all along!

In THAT case then it might be a situation in which the devs had a thought that if they did an update which made popups a default that people might use Kontact more...don't know...

It is a puzzlement but a pleasant puzzlement!

woodveryhappyKontactersmoke

Comment

Re: Kontact "reminders" now appearing! other improvements commentary

Over the last week or so, with each update, I have seen a gradual ......

"finessing" (is that really a word)?

of the calendar module.

The "balloons" for the items in a calendar took on a much more "well rounded" appearance, at least as far as I was concerned.

The last update, a few days ago, I notice that those "balloons" have a small "shading" to them and are now a rather pleasant, to me, kind of.....oh...don't know...."lime green" with a blue border.

The background for the month view is now somewhat more "shaded" in terms of the days of the present month and the previous month.

The little icons for the reminder bell and the calendar have been slightly "tweaked" with, what seems to me, to be a little more "rich" color and shading on the bell.....a little "highlight"...on the top right.

The "folder" for "google mail" has a more "shaded" little globe on it, at least to my tired old eyes.

Now, this is all very subjective I know, but, here is the important thing.

I do NOT use any kind of "fancy" or "tweaked" settings...I leave them to the default setting so that I can better observe what the devs have done.

And....as far as I am concerned.....in a relatively short while...

I think that there is not going to be anybody who cannot say that "the devs gave it their best shot on the artwork".

The artwork team at KDE PIM should be given a hearty round of applause for their hard work!!

Just my opinion and not necessarily the opinion of anyone that is important to the process.

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by steveriley View Post
                I gather from your initial surprise that this never happened previously? Since I don't use any part of KDE PIM, I'm not sure what's expected. How did your reminders behave previously?
                Hey,
                Don't know if an update fixed it or not in my case, I've noticed that Korganizer daemon was not starting on boot so I put korgac to KDE startup to run it and always had the reminders popping up.
                Last edited by rms; Jan 27, 2012, 06:30 AM.
                Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

Hi rms
                  are you getting your reminders in an Akonadi or local calendar? I'm running Akonadi with Google Calendar and still getting "can't access the back end" error.

woodsmoke

Comment

Local calendar. The "Start Reminder Deamon at Login" option is now functional, have removed korgac from startup.
                    Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

okldokl

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
                      X