This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install Ardour 2.x.x with VST support

this is my step by step to install Ardour 2.x.x (currently tested with 2.0.5) on a fresh Kubuntu 7.04 install (will also work with Ubuntu).

1. Download source code (http://ardour.org/) and untar to ’/home/[your user name]/dls’
    2. Download the VST SDK (google vst sdk and look for the link that starts with ygrabit.steinberg…)
    3. Place the entire sdk zip file (do NOT unzip) in ’/home/[your user name]/dls/ardour-2.x.x/libs/fst’
    4. from terminal enter:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential
    5. Install needed tools and build dependencies. Enter in
    terminal (all one line):
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install -y scons libtool pkg-config gettext libjack-dev libasound2-dev 
    qjackctl libxml2-dev libsamplerate-dev libraptor-dev liblrdf-dev libgnomecanvas2-dev 
    libboost-dev liblo-dev libglib-dev libgtkmm-dev libsndfile-dev wine-dev automake
    6. compile and install. Enter in terminal (individual lines):
    Code:
    cd /home/[your user name]/dls/ardour-2.0.5
    scons VST=1
    sudo scons install
    7. start jack with qjackctl (should be in the Menu) and run ardourvst.

I have found that I don’t have to start Jack manually, so to start ardour, just enter ’ardourvst’ into terminal. I created a quicklauncher to do it for me.

Place VST plugin .dlls into /usr/local/lib/vst folder.

I hope this helps, but I can’t take complete credit for this…I found a guide online from somewhere (don’t know the source), changed a few things, and this is what I ended up with…hopefully there are no typos, but if something doesn’t work, let me know and I’ll take a look…

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Re: How to install Ardour 2.x.x with VST support

Under the latest version (2.3), there is another dependency. Add fftw3-dev to the 'apt-get' command above. If you have previously installed Ardour with scons, you may need to do an
    Code:
    apt-get remove scons
    apt-get install scons
    for it to recognize that the package is there.
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Working...
    X