X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror, View Mode problems.

Hello Everyone,
    Maybe I have overlooked something, but this seems like a bug to me.
    When I use Konqueror for file browesing I like to put the view mode to Multicolumn view.
    But if I close Konq and open it again the view mode is reverted back to normal view and the ViewMode option is missing under MostOftenVisited.
    But if you close it out a 2nd time and then reopen it, it will appear.
    Any ideas?
    Cheers,
    Joey

Re: Konqueror, View Mode problems.

I get the same. This is a bug which 'bugs' me. Also here are some other annoyances which didn't appear in 5.04...

Samba Shares
    If you connect to another machine (mine another Linux) via Konqueror's 'Remote Places', all seems fine. If you remove the share or alter it on the remote PC and try and connect again, you have problems. Obviously the removed share has gone, but so have any others. If you create the same old share again, still no joy. You CAN however manually type smb://remotepc/sharename in the url bar and it will pick it up. Just you can't get there with mouse alone!

Wireless and Bluetooth together
    This may be specific to my machine (VAIO laptop, VGN-A217M), but when KDE starts, it initialises the new bluetooth feature. This in turn disconnects my (working at initial boot as saw network ok) wireless! Very anoying as I have to mess with modprobe to unload / reload the wireless ipw2200 modules and restart the network.

Kontact
    The 'Synchcronisation' button's icon' doesn't appear correctly and gives and error if you press it - see my post about this in this forum (Kontact Synchronisation)

There are plenty of plus signs with new Kubuntu though - OOo2 (loads very fast and looks good), general pc performance is better (for me)...

Just my thoughts
    Steve

Comment

Working...
    X