This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug: K3b

Open K3b by clicking on an ISO. K3b Opens and starts a checksum. Click the close button in the burn dialog _before_ the checksum completes. Then try to close K3b. K3B will not respond to close.

Breezy 5.10 release. Fresh install (not upgrade). /home/* preserved from Hoary

Re: Bug: K3b

I don't know what you are doing, no problem here. You must expect such behaviour if you try to confuse the k3b
    cheers!
    -=|From the desk of|=-
    «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
    «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
    «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
    Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

I think this is normal, Linux is not like M$ and will not give so much unneccesary warning when you are doing something unexpected, just like Kpackager you can not close it in the middle until it finish something.
      Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

I have this problem with K3b.
        K3b says it's recording but it's not doing anything.

Comment

having the same problem , only thing : when i tried to burn the same disc later on windows i got a message about the disc was written, so i think that k3b was burnin' the disc but it was showing nothing .... actually what i was getting was the regular screen that pops up when it starts burnin' the disc, but the prog. bars were not growin' <---- that's why i thought it was doing nothing.

Comment

I've just moved to kubuntu from debian, and normally you have to set up the permissions for cdrecord and cdrdao due to kernel protections. Well, no such thing this time, and even if I try to set it up through K3bSetup all I get is a blank dialogue. After manually setting setuid on those executables was I able to burn anything...

Comment

Thats odd, as k3b's/cdrecord/cdrdao permissions should be fine right out of the box, as it is on most other distros.
              (tho the k3bsetup program's blank page is a definite bug)

Comment

Working...
              X