This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE security

On January 19 the KDE project released a security advisory (http://dot.kde.org/1137714810/) _ I was wondering how Kubuntu users can patch this flaw. I was wondering how we the kubuntu users go about patching our systems?

Re: KDE security

I haven't checked the changelogs, but there were a few KDE updates I installed today. Running Adept, Synaptic, or using apt-get update will fetch those fixes as they are released, just make sure the security update repos are not disabled.

Comment

hi all I found a virus in my linux today

libadpcm_plugin.so virus found downloader.swizzor J:\usr\lib\vlc\codec\libadpcm_plugin.so

I hope I am putting this in the right spot I found it from windows with avg 7.5

I am useing kubuntu 7.10

I also use windows xp pro

Comment

that's funny

how is it a virus? it is a codec that vlc video player uses, found in the package vlc-nox
        Don't you think maybe it is a false positive?
        How are you able to scan a linux partition from Windows? From the looks of it you might be using a tool to do that, and I do believe that can cause false positives.

Try running a linux based antivirus from within linux, and see if they agree (AVG has a linux offering iirc)

Comment

I'd be hesitant to call that a virus. AVG has been reporting a false positive for downloader.swizzor in Kodak's Easyshare software on my win/XP Pro system. It's likely to be the same or similar codec.

David
          Chandler, AZ
          David<br />Chandler, AZ<br /><br />Kubuntu 7.10

Comment

Working...
          X