• Time
  • Show
Clear All

bugs with upgrade to kde 3.5

Hi there

I've upgraded my breezy to kde 3.5 according to this news :
    http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-35.php

But some bugs appeared ...
    • 1. kdm doesn't start anymore. At boot, I've only tty and no X display, so I must login in a tty and launch startx. The Xorg log seems ok.
    • 2. kicker behaviour is strange.
      First, at first login in kde 3.5 freshly installed, kicker that I had configured at auto-hide at top of screen, doesn't reappeared when I move mouse on the top. A quick tour in kcontrol, and I had seen the option (translation from french) "show kicker when mouse reach" which was setted to bottom of the screen. So the bug was fixed.
      Then translucency is great but ... When I switch desktop, tranlucency brokes, and tooltip behaviour too (see [img width=400 height=288]http://nicolas.dumoulin.neuf.fr/plop/kicker_bug.png[/img]). I've found this bug report that may correspond :
      http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=113235
    • 3. Konqueror file preview is broken with some mimetype as here  . Some mimetypes as python source, shell script, email

Are these bugs knowned ?

Is there a solution for first point (kdm) ? 

Re: bugs with upgrade to kde 3.5

Originally posted by bobuse
    1. kdm doesn't start anymore.
    Haven't had that here...

2. kicker behaviour is strange.
    I don't know - don't have translucency

3. Konqueror file preview is broken with some mimetype
    Yep, that's annoying... probably be fixed soon.

~ Patrick

Comment

thx for your answers

Comment

Kdm is come back !
        Just do a "sudo dpkg-reconfigure kdm", and now it's fine  

Comment

File/search for a bug on KDE Bugzilla and it might be fixed for KDE 3.5.1 (which is coming in six/eight weeks I think - according to the minor release thing)

Comment

[list][*]2. kicker behaviour is strange.
            First, at first login in kde 3.5 freshly installed, kicker that I had configured at auto-hide at top of screen, doesn't reappeared when I move mouse on the top. A quick tour in kcontrol, and I had seen the option (translation from french) "show kicker when mouse reach" which was setted to bottom of the screen. So the bug was fixed.[list]

Are these bugs knowned ?
            This is the only bug I've noticed so far. SUcks that I've had to turn autohide off.

I am not entirely sure of what you mean with the french translation there. Are you saying autohide works with a certain setting?

I have kicker at the top, set to about 30% of screen width, and automatically expand to fit is checked. And both hide arrows are shown.

Moving the mouse to the top of the screen does not make kicker reappear.

-john

Comment

Autohide works !
              Launch "kcmshell panel", then on the second Tab ("Hiding"), uncheck the fifth item, in french "Faire réapparaitre lorsque le pointeur atteint cette zone", those who have a combobox.

Comment

ah-ha!!

That did it!

that must be a new setting in 3.5?

thanks,
                john

Comment

Working...
                X