This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Plasma Launcher Application Tab Constantly Updating

I'm an Ubuntu user, recently I jumped to Kubuntu 18.04, everything was Ok.
    Suddenly I noticed when I clicked the launcher and select "Application" tab seems to blink. I thought it was due to an upgrade, so I made a fresh install and the problem continues, then when I tried to add a new panel with right click the option "new panel" disappears.

Like this https://giphy.com/gifs/kFNnA4IeV8axXZ5bN1

I made fresh install with Kubuntu 18.04, Kubuntu 18.10 and KDE Neon the problem still there.

Could it be hardware problem?

I went back to Ubuntu 18.10.

I made a fresh reinstall again, this time unchecking download updates... problem solved.

Comment

IMO (as well as many others), unchecking both Download Updates and Third Party Applications during installation is a 'best practice'. Once you have the system installed and have rebooted (to ensure you can login and have a functioning Desktop), then perform a package cache update and a dist-upgrade (full-upgrade) from a konsole, then again, a logout/reboot to ensure you have a working system.

Oh, and Welcome to KFN!
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

My opinion as well, Snowhog!
        I follow that practice even when installing a VM, as I did this morning with KDE Neon.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X