X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop switch broken when click on app from another desktop in task bar

Hi all
    After recent kubuntu 18,04 update auto switch desktop doesn't work.
    I have 2x2 desktops with 3D cube animation effect enabled.
    Before update when I clicked on app in task bar, if this app is not opened in current desktop, automatic switch used to happen.
    Now on such click nothing happens.
    Is it a bug or some setting was overwritten in the settings after update? Found nothing related to this behavior in the settings, plz help.

I turned 3D Cube effect off, now switching works, but no effect is available, Neither 3D Cube, nor slide or fade. Desktops switches just instantly, no matter wat setting did I choose

Comment

It sounds like the desktop effects have been disabled. Try re-enabling them with Alt + Shift + F12. This shortcut toggles desktop effects on/off.

I have had trouble with desktop effects on an earlier version of Kubuntu. I could not get the effects to work at all and eventually traced it to my experimenting with the blur settings by making the blur value too high and it apparently caused Kwin to malfunction. Maybe something similar you have done? Although, as you say it was working OK prior to a recent update.

I'm running K18.04 fully updated here and haven't noticed any problem with the effects.
      Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
      Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Working...
      X