This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

terminal variations

after trying several flavors and versions of flavors lnx settled on Ubuntu HH. in process of trying worked briefly with opensuse. had come across a terminal version that was within a file manager. wuz kinda neat with text highlighting several modes of auto inserting previous text, cut paste etc also clicking in the file manager directories automatically shifted the focus of the terminal window to new directory, really slick for what i wuz doing.

I was too newbie to appreciate what was working with. my open suse will not run from drive and i don't want to reinstall as tries to mess with ubuntu system settings in process and screws up my multi boot config in grub.

anybody recognize terminal version from description and is there a version for ubuntu? thanks for any suggestions of other terminals that might have similar goodies?

Re: terminal variations

Are you using KDE3/KDE4? dolphin/konqueror?
    You can open a terminal panel in a file managers by:
    KDE4/dolphin - press F4
    KDE4/konqueror - Settings>Show terminal emulator (the terminal doesn't seem to follow selection though)

KDE3/d3lphin - don't have this installed, maybe F4 works maybe not
    KDE3/konqueror - Only have kde3 installed on debian, in debian it's Window>Show Terminal Emulator, but probably Settings>Show terminal emulator in kubuntu.

(the terminal isn't a separate application, it's konsole's kpart embedded into the filemanager...so it's basically konsole running your default shell)

Comment

Working...
    X