This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiz Installation

I followed the instructions from to install Compiz: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Co...8bc50d96df852b

The installation went great, I think. After completing installation and rebooting, I tried to "turn-on" Compiz. Nothing happen.

I used "compiz --replace"

I went through several discussions posts with no success. I've checked my video card and everything is okay. I even un-installed/re-installed compiz.

Any tips for a newbie?

Re: Compiz Installation

Until you then run:
    To configure Compiz and associated plugins, hold Alt, then press F2, then enter the command
    ccsm

Alternatively, for Ubuntu: System -> Preferences -> CompizConfig Settings Manager
    And for Kubuntu: KMenu -> Settings -> CompizConfig Settings Manager or KMenu -> Settings -> Advanced Desktop Effects Settings
    and set the various configuration options you want, you won't 'see' much.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have config the ccsm. Still nothing happens. Is there a particular selection, I need to make? I wanted to try the cube first.

I also rebooted after selections. Still nothing. When I enter "alt+f2" "compiz --replace" nothing happens.

J

Comment

I had the same problem
        opened konsole and typed

Code:
        emerald --replace
        everthing was working but when I close console then it stops working?

Comment

okay did some more reading and found that I need to leave the Konsole window open then reboot. Everything worked after that.

Comment

Working...
          X