This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDFshuffler

This is a pdf concatenation application of which I was not aware.

I had need to merge two .pdfs, each a single page.

It said in Synaptic that it was easy to use.

Well that was an understatement of the first water. (not a watermark! )

I opened the app and there just ain't much there.

So, I clicked the " + " sign and navigated to the two pdfs and clicked the first page and it appeared in the gray field of the app.

ok.

So, I clicked the "+" sign again and was automatically in the folder with the .pdfs and I clicked the second page and it appeared in the gray field of the app to the right side of the first .pdf.

ok.

Like I said, there is just not much there.

I clicked the "disk" sign and it it asked me for a name... I entered a name and clicked ok and nothing happened. Literally. Nothing happened.

ok.

So, I opened Dolphin and navigated to the folder and there it was.

this is almost "too" dead simple for the modern user who wants confirmation at every step.

In a way, it harkens back to the day of comand line. One entered the command and it was executed, no confirmation, just did it.

I have literally published books using an app named pdfsam (pdf split and merge) and it took a little getting used to but it has a lot of capabilities.

But, I'd recommend that those who have need of such an app give PDFshuffler a try.

woodisasimpleguysmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Aug 01, 2017, 08:37 PM.

I've found the results from using this program are often very large. There's a simple web based utility at https://www.pdfmerge.com that does an excellent job for free. For more complex PDF functions, I use Master PDF but's it's non-free.

Please Read Me

Comment

Hi Oshunluver

Thanks for the comment and link.

I have used the web link when using my Vista machine because there is no similar app for Windblows that is free.

It does work but can be cumbersome if linking a lot of pages, like fifty, when I was writing books a few years ago.

I do recommend the link that Oshunluver provided for anyone who wants to concatenate a few pages.

I was not aware of the size issue but for the particular use I have nowadays, which isn't much, it is not a problem.

thanks again

woodappreciativesmoke

Comment

Working...
      X