This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 16.04.2 shows black screen with no cursor

I've struggled with this issue for almost an entire day now, and I cannot solve it.
    I am running Kubuntu (Xenial) 16.04.2 with KDE. I was attempting to update it to 16.10 and when I had run sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade it showed me some broken packages, which I did not attempt to fix. I rebooted and now I can only access tty1. I do not have a cursor so my mouse is useless.
    my kernel is 4.4.0-71.generic - my graphic driver is Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 I checked with Geforce to see which nvidia driver is the latest, which is the nvidia-375 but I cannot install that either via tty1 because of some broken packages which I have not been able to fix either...
    When I try to reinstall the xorg server it also does not work. I have tried running startx but it gives me the error message:
    xinit: giving up xinit: unable to connect to X server: Connection refused xinit: server error
    at this point I am clueless to what im supposed to do. Any help is very much appreciated.
Working...
X