This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi Connection Crashes System ASUS USB-N13

I just upgraded my system from Kubuntu 14.04 to 16.04 because I am trying to go to Wireless Networking with my new ASUS USB-N13. I used a wired Ehternet to start. The upgrade went fine. I can detect available networks with the network app and I have put in the correct password for my home WiFi. When I try to connect the screen freezes with a couple of lights blinking on my screen. The documentation implies that I can search for missing drivers with System Setup. When I try to do that, nothing happens. It seems as if the search never starts.

I do still have wired Ethernet available so I can download additional drivers if necessary, but I don't know how to proceed and Google hasn't been helpful.

I do have wireless working on another linux system so it is not the card.

Make sure you have the proper wi-fi drivers installed first before going further.
    • Using a package manager or command line, make sure you have the package 'ubuntu-drivers-common' installed
    • In a terminal, type
      Code:
      sudo ubuntu-drivers devices
    • Note there is no dash between 'drivers' and 'devices', but there is a space
    • This will show any devices on your system needing a proprietary (non-free) driver installed to work
    • If the above shows a device (hopefully in your case, your wifi chip) needing a driver, in a terminal, type
      Code:
      sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall
      This will install drivers that are appropriate for automatic installation

Let us know how this works out.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for replying. The only driver that it shows that is proprietary is the Nvidia driver. I'm wondering whether this device has firmware that isn't loaded.

Comment

https://github.com/pvaret/rtl8192cu-fixes

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X