This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] disk access

Besides Kubuntu 16. 04 I have Win 10 on my Asus desktop, I use drive D: (to Windows, sda6 to Kubuntu) for all my music, E-books, movies, etc. so it's available to both OSs (though I seldom use Windows any more, I keep it for resale). Drive D; was freely available under Kubuntu 14.04 but after upgrading to 16 I get:
    Code:
    An error occurred while accessing '360.9 GiB Main_1 (ntfs)', the system responded: The requested operation has failed: Error mounting /dev/sda6 at /media/jca/Main_1: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1000" "/dev/sda6" "/media/jca/Main_1"' exited with non-zero exit status 14: The disk contains an unclean file system (0, 0).
    Metadata kept in Windows cache, refused to mount.
    Failed to mount '/dev/sda6': Operation not permitted
    The NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown
    Windows fully (no hibernation or fast restarting), or mount the volume
    read-only with the 'ro' mount option.
    How to fix? TIA
    Last edited by jcallen; Jan 02, 2017, 12:23 AM. Reason: Typing blunder

Boot into Windows and do a clean shutdown.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Boot into Windows and do a clean shutdown.
      Well, since MS ended support for XP and I switched to Kubuntu, the only reason I boot Win 10 is for Virus protection updates and such, when I'm done, I shutdown with the "Shutdown" or "Power Off" button. Is there something I'm missing?

Comment

Originally posted by jcallen View Post
        Well, since MS ended support for XP and I switched to Kubuntu, the only reason I boot Win 10 is for Virus protection updates and such, when I'm done, I shutdown with the "Shutdown" or "Power Off" button. Is there something I'm missing?
        Could be your system uses hibernate or "fast start" by default instead of actual shot down. Read this and see if it helps - the Win 10 section is in the lower half of the page.

Curious about your comment though: You say you only boot to Windows for Virus protection and updates. So why do that at all?? If you don't boot to Windows, you won't get viruses and if you don't need to use Windows why update it?

Please Read Me

Comment

@ oshunluvr:
          GotIt! Disabling "FastStart" did the trick for me. TNX much for help. Everyone have a very happy New Year

Curious about your comment though: You say you only boot to Windows for Virus protection and updates. So why do that at all?? If you don't boot to Windows, you won't get viruses and if you don't need to use Windows why update it?
          While I don't use Windows except as a last resort when I can't get a pgm to work in Wine, I like to keep it up to date and ready for resale (or give away).
          Last edited by jcallen; Jan 02, 2017, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X