This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

App menu disapers

I have a laptop which I sometimes connect a second monitor. I have selected that the second monitor is the main monitor. Usually when I connect it tho, the app menu is displayed once on the laptop screen, and then it is gone. I can however see that the blue line on the button is displayed, and I can type a search query and press enter and the app will be launched. When this happens every dialog opened opened from the bottom panel, like calendar, wifi, but oddly enough not volume... Login out and back in sometimes fixes it, but usually I have to reboot with the monitor connected. The monitor is connected with a vga cable.

Take this with a grain of salt, this works in Arch... I had to uninstall kscreen and qt5-graphicaleffects (keep libkscreen) and delete ~/.local/share/kscreen. I'm sure that these are called something else in Kubuntu, so maybe a guru will show up and point you to the correct files.
    I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Working...
    X