X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAPTOP] Dual Screen & Taskbar issues

Hello
    I'm new to kde, and generally speaking to linux desktops environments, but not tp linux/debian & co. I've switched my laptop to Kubuntu 15.04 with KDE 5, and I have these small issues:

I have two monitors, my laptop screen, 1600x900, and an external vga monitor (well, not hdnmi anyway !), 1920x1080. No primary output defined. Each screen has a widget with the task bar in it. Desktop theme is Breeze Dark

1/ When I unplug the monitor, everything is displayed on the laptop screen, logic. However, at that point the taskbar background becomes transparent. I need to to go to DT theme, click another theme, apply, then click Dark Breeze & apply to get my taskbar back with the proper colors

2/ When I plug back the monitor, everything goes back to the way it was, except that every "notification" on the external monitor - like the network names, or the klauncher box - is displayed 200px (roughly) above the taskbar itself - probably at the same height that the laptop screen. Wether the screens in Display&Monitor are aligned to the top or bottom doesnt change anything.

eg:

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

Many thanks for you feedback, I'm really having great time with Kubuntu,

J.
Working...
X