Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I set unique background images for each desktop?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] how do I set unique background images for each desktop?

I like to have a unique image per each virtual desktop to aid my navigation. With 15.04 when I set a background for one virtual desktop, they all change. How can I set unique images per desktop?
    Using Linux only for a few years, using mostly mouse on GUI (sorry gurus). Kubuntu 19.04 beta on home-built: GigaByte board - AMD Phenom II, 3000 6 core, RAM 4 Gb,

That feature is not supported. You will need to use activities to attain different wallpaper and widgets.
    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
    Always consider Occam's Razor
    Rich

Comment

Thanks Rich,
      One more thing I have to learn about before I can get it the way I want. Like it was before I upgraded.
      Do you happen to know where there is a 'for dummies' explanation of activities on desktops?
      Using Linux only for a few years, using mostly mouse on GUI (sorry gurus). Kubuntu 19.04 beta on home-built: GigaByte board - AMD Phenom II, 3000 6 core, RAM 4 Gb,

Comment

Originally posted by GranPaSmurf View Post
        Newbie to Linux, using mostly mouse on GUI (sorry gurus).
        There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to be a 'mouse and gui' user. If there was, then KDE wouldn't be so widely used. I have scripts that I've written that I've given icons to and added to the favorites tab of the app launcher. A lot of people just want a "free" operating system that works. IOW, please, don't apologize.
        I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

To be honest I remain to be convinced that there really is any difference/advantage in using activities.

There has always been (and still is) an option to save the session when shutting down and have it restored as was on restart.

Activities work along similar lines but closing (ie shutting down activity but not system) does not automatically close down every associated programme which rather defeats its purpose.

As you found, I miss not being able to have different pics on each desktop and don't know why that option has gone.
          Perhaps the intention is to move to multiple activities but only one desktop rather than as at present using just the default activity + multiple desktops.

Comment

Working...
          X