X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Behrooz View Post
    Thanks
    I raised on kubuntu channel on irc and pepole there say " The 'problem' you have is that the CPU is waiting for IO. In the meantime it does nothing else. It's just waiting."
    all my coversion on irc is this link . my username is aoa
    http://paste.ubuntu.com/8299483/
    From your conversations did you find a solution or what is happening with this problem? Is it a bug I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by anika200 View Post
      From your conversations did you find a solution or what is happening with this problem? Is it a bug I guess?
      if external usb has ext4 filesystem there is not problem but if external usb has fat32 or ntfs problem still here . in first case i test 4 times and i don't see freezing and lag . i said on kubuntu channel this problem only is on my laptop . my PC haven't any freezing or lag during copy file . becuse all user around me use windows and usb storege ( fat32 or NTFS ) i can't use usb storege with ext4 filesystem becuse windows can't work with filesystem .

Comment

A weird problem.

Because I regularly copy >4GB files to ntfs drives without problems.

I do know Linux can run into problems with especially ntfs if the file system is not spotlessly clean, to get it fixed you need to plug the drive into a Win7 computer and allow for an automatic check & repair.

If this does not happen automatically, right click the drive (in Win7), go for properties and find and run the check and repair option.

Comment

all ntfs or fat32 usb storage have problem.

Comment

Working...
          X